Halladay wind turbine
A wind turbine was introduced in the United States by Daniel Halladay in 1877. The design consists of a number of small vanes set radially in a wheel. Governing is automatic: a tail vane keeps the wheel facing the wind. Vanes are adjustable in order to control the speed of the wheel. As wind speed increases, the vanes turn reducing the effective area. Halladay's predecessors in England and Northern Europe - Meikle, Cubbit, Smeaton or Berton, experimented with shutters like venetian blind hinged in the sail frame etc. Haverhill's design was very similar to Halladay's.
In Moravia there are only three Halladay Wind Turbines which are in the milling profession, and all of them are in the same region located at the foothills of Drahanská vysočina - Ruprechtov, Sivice (Pozořice) and Tvarožná near Brno.
All the wind turbines are located quite close together. The construction of Ruprechtov wind turbine took place some time around 1882-1884, the one at Sivice some time before 1904 and the one at Tvarožná - we can assume from around the 1880s to the first third of the twentieth century. There is a question whether these millers and millbuilders knew each other.
We know that the builder of Ruprechtov turbine was Cyril Wagner and Sivice turbine was built by a well-known miller and engineer Julius Báner. Tvarožná turbine's builder is not known.
Under these conditions Halladay turbine in Ruprechtov seems to be the oldest - but it is only an assumption, the right date of the installation is not known.